Monday, September 1, 2008

Car songs

My uncle asked me to come up with a list of car songs to play in the background of a DVD he is putting together. It's clips from when he and my dad want to a Barrett-Jackson sale. Here's what I came up with (in random order):

  1. "I Can't Drive 55" - Sammy Hagar
  2. “Lowrider” - War
  3. “Pink Cadillac" - Bruce Springsteen
  4. "Radar Love" - Golden Earring
  5. “Mustang Sally” - Wilson Pickett
  6. “409” – Beach Boys (they have a ton of car songs)
  7. “Little Red Corvette” – Prince
  8. “Mercedes Benz” - Janis Joplin
  9. “Drive my Car” – The Beatles
  10. “East Bound and Down” - Jerry Reed (Smokey & the Bandit theme song)
  11. “No Particular Place To Go” – Chuck Berry
  12. “Nationwide” – ZZ Top
  13. “Jerry Was A Race Car Driver” – Primus
  14. “I'm in Love with My Car” - Queen


Along with a few another family member had already mentioned:

  1. "Little Deuce Coupe," "Shut Her Down," "Fun Fun Fun" - Beach Boys
  2. "Racing in the Street" - Bruce Springsteen
  3. "Hot Rod Lincoln" - Commander Cody
What did I miss?

No comments: