Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Social Media

I have been diving head first into these social media sites (blogger, twitter, several forums, etc.). We are considering creating a site at work for our associates so I felt like I should have a pulse on what is out there. See what works, what not so much.

It feels a little strange to put yourself out on the web for everyone to see, but is also liberating in some strange way.

There are a lot of programs out here that we would have never dreamed of a short time ago, like twittering (tweeting?) from my BlackBerry at the store last night. Typing my blog while listening to Pandora. The possibilities are almost endless and growing at an alarming rate. During a software demo yesterday (Radian6), they mentioned youTube users add 7 hours of video a minute. Wow.

We haven't even scratched the surface of Social Media at work and the uses we are thinking of already are incredible, if our associates embrace it.

Further reading

No comments: